Gator Knowledge

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Our fastest players

According to ESPN we have twelve players who run a 4.4 or better in the forty:

RB Jeffery Demps
RB Chris Rainey
RB Brandon James
RB Kestahn Moore
WR Percy Harvin
WR Louis Murphy
WR Deonte Thompson
CB Joe Haden
CB Markihe Anderson
CB Wondy Pierre-Louis
SF Dorian Munroe
SF Justin Williams

I have never heard of Justin Williams (Mr. Internet say he is WR and #7 – I have seen a #7 DB, maybe he switched positions. He has done nothing special). Dorian Munroe was going to be a starter, but blew out his knee. He looked good in spot duty in the past. The same goes for Markihe Anderson, who also blew out his knee two years ago and is now our nickel. Honestly seeing this makes me annoyed he did not play more when everyone was burning us last year (although I am guessing he was not 100%). I’m shocked Kestahn Moore is that fast, and mildly surprised about Louis Murphy. I like Deonte Thompson, but I had not realized he was that fast either. And I did not suspect that about pretty much all the defenders to be honest with you – and why are guys that fast playing safety and not corner? Save for the Wondy Wonder, who is clearly fast – and a prime example that speed alone doesn’t make someone a good player no matter how much the talking heads drool over it.

By the way, twelve guys is a lot. I think the ESPN headline was some generic line such as “speed kills” and was talking about Meyer has recruited the fast team he wanted and by implication that why we are so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home